Summer 2020 Applications Now Open!
Wage Funding For Employers Committed To Cultivating the Next Generation of Canada's Workforce
Welcome to ECO Employment Programs! Working with the federal government as part of Canada’s Work Integrated Learning Strategy, we help employers and post-secondary partners to kick-start student career paths across Canada.
We will cover up to 50% of a student’s wages to $5,000 when employers hire the brightest minds in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math (STEAM) and Business.
- Funding is for 6 to 16-Week paid work-terms
- Students gain valuable on-the-job experience
- Employers increase future talent pool and resource availability
- Students and Employers are required to find their own co-op placement
- Three work-term sessions per year: Winter (January-April), Summer (May-August), Fall (September-December)
- Applications open 3 months prior to start of the work-term
Additional funding may be available for employers who hire student from one of the following groups:
- Women in STEM
- Indigenous People
- Persons with Disabilities
- First-year Students
- Recent Immigrants (Permanent resident or refugee status)
UPDATES: Summer 2020 applications are now open!
Host organizations may complete multiple applications for funding in the upcoming semester. Limited space is available so please submit your application early to secure your funding.
If you have not received contracts for your current approved placement please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will complete the process.
If you currently study at a university or college in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Math (STEAM) and Business, you qualify!
You must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have Refugee status.
Students on a work permit or visa are not eligible.
Through Employment & Social Development Canada, the Student Work Placement program will provide up to 50% to a maximum of $5K of a student’s pay in wage funding.
You must provide a paid work placement in a meaningful role to be eligible for funding.
We will be working closely with you to help students bridge the school-to-work transition. Our team provides career support services to students and professionals.
We’re committed to youth employment in Canada. As such you will receive support in marketing the program and work placements.
Important Applicant Information:
- Employers can apply for back-to-back placements for the same student.
- Students do not have to be enrolled in their school’s co-op programs to participate and there is NO AGE RESTRICTION.
- Work terms are flexible. We are able to support paid placements as short as 6 weeks, to a maximum of 16 weeks, that are full time or part time. Contact us if you are unsure and we can provide guidance.
Did you know?
We created 2000+ jobs last year and 90% of job placements acquired full-time employment through our Wage Funding program.
We distributed $25.1 M in wage subsidies to employers creating career opportunities for new graduates.
Get In Touch
We’re here to answer all your questions.