Now Accepting Applications for Summer Work Placements
Wage Funding For Employers Committed To Cultivating the Next Generation of Canada's Workforce
Welcome to ECO Employment Programs! Working with the federal government as part of Canada’s Work Integrated Learning Strategy, we help employers and post-secondary partners to kick-start student career paths across Canada.
We provide 50% of a wage up to $5,000 to employers who hire the brightest minds in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math (STEAM) and Business.
- Students gain valuable on-the-job experience and employers increase future talent pool and resource availability
- Student Candidates and Host Employers are required to find their own co-op placement
- We offer funding for three sessions per year: Winter (January-April), Summer (May-August), Fall (September-December)
- Applications typically open 3 months prior to start of each co-op session
Additional funding may be available for employers who hire student from one of the following groups:
- Women in STEM
- Indigenous People
- Persons with Disabilities
- First-year Students
- Recent Immigrants (Permanent resident or refugee status)
- Visible Minorities
Host organizations may complete multiple applications for funding in the upcoming semester. Submit your application early to secure your funding. Once your funding is secured, you can begin your search for qualified, talented students to fill the position.
Important Information for Applicants
- Students do not have to be enrolled in their school’s co-op programs to participate and there is no age restriction
- Employers can apply for back-to-back placements for the same student, and may also apply for multiple positions in the upcoming session
- Work terms are flexible. We are able to support paid placements as short as 6 weeks, to a maximum of 16 weeks. Placements can be full-time or part-time. Contact us if you are unsure and we can provide guidance.
If you currently study at a university or college in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Math (STEAM) and Business, you qualify!
You must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have Refugee status & there’s no age restriction.
Students on a work permit or visa are not eligible.
Through Employment & Social Development Canada, the Student Work Placement program will pay wage subsidies toward a co-op student’s pay.
You must provide a paid work term in a STEAM or business role to be eligible for funding. Click below to view full eligibility criteria.
We will be working closely with you to help students bridge the school-to-work transition. Our team provides career support services to students and professionals.
We’re committed to youth employment in Canada. As such you will receive support in marketing the program and work placements.
Did you know?
We created 2000+ jobs last year and 90% of job placements acquired full-time employment through our Wage Funding program.
We distributed $25.1 M in wage subsidies to employers creating career opportunities for new graduates.
Get In Touch
We’re here to answer all your questions
If you have not received contracts for your current approved placement please contact us and we will complete the process